Currently available for our Streaming Video Platform, you can utilize our dynamic Query String URL technology to create a true Single-Sign-On experience for your students and teachers. Bypassing several key SSO parameters in conjunction with your Account Specific Access URL, users can be logged in automatically to their personal user accounts or have a new user account created for them.
This article will go over all the available options for Query String URL SSO Authentication.
In order for the authentication portion to work, please contact support to enable your account for SSO and to receive your wid.
- wid – Library Account ID required to identify the customer
- fp – Allows for the bypass of the login page (set to fp=2 for SSO / User Creation)
- u – Username for direct access to a user’s profile (can also be set to log users into your institution's generic user instead of an individual user's account)
- p – a new user's requested password (if no password is included, users will receive the account-specific generic password)
- name – a new user’s full name (name=Joe+Smith)
- email – a new user’s email address. If a different email is passed for the same username, the system will update this field to match the new value automatically.
- role – a new user’s role type (Student or Teacher)
- alt - alternate username (alt=1 enables alternate username functionality and requires the user to merge an existing account, or create a new one to link with the SSO account being passed).
Optional for Direct Title Access
- xtid – Title ID
- loid – Segment ID (Must be used in conjunction with a Title ID and follow the xtid parameter)
The above URL would automatically authenticate as Account 123456, and attempt to create the new user “jsmith”. If this user already exists anywhere within your Library, they will be logged in directly. If the username is not taken elsewhere, it will be created at whichever Account ID was included and with any of the additional parameters you provided.
To ensure your requested usernames are not previously in use, we recommend you provide our Support Team with a unique User Prefix that we can add to every username being created for your Account.
Consortia Account Support
Any User being logged in for the first time using this new SSO Query String Method will be prompted to select which individual institution they belong to. If you only have a single institution, this will not apply to you. This feature will create/move users to the appropriate sub-account as a one-time identification process. If the user has previously been verified, or their specified account does not have any sub-accounts, this option will be bypassed automatically.