Customers using the Schoology learning management system can embed content from Classroom Video directly into their courses. For more information, please refer to the Classroom Video Schoology LTI App Overview article.
The new app provides rich integration between Classroom Video and your Schoology courses. Users of Schoology will now be able to embed Classroom Video resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS.
The Classroom Video app is available for all Schoology users and can be installed for:
- Course Materials Selection
- Rich Text Editor
- External Tool
Prerequisites for Installing the App:
- You must have your own instance of Schoology.
- You must have an active Classroom Video subscription.
- Your LTI Access Key and Secret - can be obtained from support if it was not provided in the welcome email when your account was first established.
Installing the Schoology App:
- Login to your Schoology instance as an administrator with access to install and configure apps.
- Visit the App Center once logged in, or access it directly using this link: https://app.schoology.com/apps
- Locate the Classroom Video app and click on it to view the details.
- Click on the blue Install LTI App button to begin the installation process
- Next, you will be asked if this should be installed for your entire organization, or just you. Assuming you would like all of your teachers to have access to the app, select Add to Organization.
- Assuming you selected the Add to Organization, you will be redirected to your Organization Apps section to complete the configuration.
- Before anyone can take advantage of the Classroom Video app, you must configure it by inserting your provided Key and Secret.
- Enter both values in appropriate fields shown below and click the Save Settings button. No custom parameters are used.
A Note from Schoology:
Configuring the App is not the same as installing it. School Admins have the option to configure the App only, giving their instructors the option to install it individually. To do this, do not check any boxes designating which course or school you want the app installed in after you've clicked the Install App button located in Schoology's App Center.
If you successfully installed and configured the Classroom Video app, you should be able to access it and perform a search. Please consult the Classroom Video Schoology App Overview article for more information.
If instead, you receive an error message stating that your request cannot be validated, please contact our support department.