To add one custom content title at a time, click on the + New Title button, located at the top of the Custom Content Titles tab. To improve the data integrity of your custom content titles and ensure a reliable addition process, several fields in this wizard are required and contain drop downs, instead of allowing free form text.
Before adding new titles, verify that the desired Server, Producer and Series already exist. Producer and Server are required before a new title can be added. Series is an optional field, but must be setup prior to adding a new title.
Clicking on the + New Title button will open the add new title wizard and walk you through a series of steps to add a new title.
Step 1: Metadata
Step one includes all of the basic metadata fields associated with your title:
- Title - required field.
- Producer - required field, must already exist.
- Series - select box, must already exist.
- Running Time - enter run times in HH:MM:SS format, each set should be separated by a colon.
- Copyright Year - drop down to select a copyright year.
- Grade Levels - multi-select box, click into the box to make as many grade selections as needed.
- Expiration Date - enter date for title to expire in the following format: 12/31/2016. Once this date has been reached, the title will become expired and disappear from the platform 24 hours later.
- Thumbnail Path - enter the complete path to the thumbnail image stored on your own server. The path should start with HTTP://.
Step 2: Server & Rights
Step two involves entering the video or audio filename, selecting the appropriate file extension, and associating it to an existing server profile. You may also choose to allow downloading or block it. If your server does not have a download path, downloads will automatically be disabled.
- Filename - required field, must match the actual video or audio file on your server, without any extension.
- File Extension - drop down to select one of the two supported file extensions: MP4 or MP3.
- Server - required field, must already exist.
- Allow Downloading - check box to enable or disable the ability to download this title.
** NOTE - Films On Demand customers will not see the download option. This is only available to Learn360 and Classroom Video On Demand customers.
Step 3: Related Resources
Step three allows you to optionally add related resources to your title. You can add as many resources as needed from this step. Like thumbnails, the related resource file must be uploaded to your server, and the complete path, starting with HTTP:// should be added to the File Path. Resources can be in PDF or link format currently.
- File Path - required field, enter the complete HTTP path to the resource stored on your server.
- Title - text field for naming your resource. This will control the display name that is found on the Related tab on the viewer page.
- Type - drop down to select on of the two supported resource types: PDF or HTTP link.
To add more resources, click on the Add button near the bottom of this pop up window. Before clicking Add, you may specify the number of additional resources you wish to add. Once you click Add, the pop up window will disappear and reappear with the new rows. ALL of your previously entered data is still intact.
Before your new title can be added, you must check the box on this final step and certify that you have obtained the proper license for the content you are adding. To complete the process of adding your new title, click the Add Title button.