Customers using the Schoology learning management system can embed content from Classroom Video directly into their courses. For installation instructions, please refer to the Classroom Video Schoology LTI App Installation article.
The LTI app provides a rich integration between On Demand and your Schoology courses. Users of Schoology can embed On Demand resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Schoology HTML editor and the Add Materials menu within a course.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within On Demand.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed On Demand videos, and your own custom content resources directly into Schoology, without leaving the LMS.
Using the Schoology App
The CVOD app is available for all Schoology users and can be installed for:
- Course Materials Selection
- Rich Text Editor
- External Tool
A few examples are detailed below.
Course Materials Selection:
From within a course, you have the option of finding and embedding media directly into the course's materials section using the Add Materials drop-down.
- Click on the Add Materials button below the course name.
- Click on the Classroom Video On Demand App shown on the right-hand side of this menu.
- Once you click on this, the Add Materials pop up window will display.
- Enter your desired keyword or phrase into the search box and click the search icon.
- The search results page offers several functions explained below.
- Sorting and Filtering Options:
- View By: Titles & Segments, Titles only, or Segments only.
- Sort By: Relevancy, Newest to Oldest, Most Viewed.
- Filter By Subject.
- Content Type: Video, and Custom Content.
- Pagination - Use the pagination controls to skip to other pages of results.
- Run Time - View the run time of all media assets.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the video before deciding to embed it. Clicking on this link opens a new window on top of the existing window.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert the selected media title into Schoology.
Once you have chosen a media file to embed, click on the Embed button.
You will be returned to your course materials list and now have an embedded video.
Click on the thumbnail image or play button to view the embedded video directly on this page.
Clicking on the media title will open it as well, but without any other materials you have listed.
Rich Text Editor:
The Schoology HTML editor contains an Insert Content option shown below. This icon is available inside the HTML editor used in some of the Add Materials options, such as adding an Assignment, Test/Quiz, Discussion, or Page to your course.
- Click on the desired option such as Add Page.
- Click on the Insert Content editor option.
- Click on the Classroom Video On Demand option located on the right-hand side of the Insert Content menu.
- The Import from Resources pop up window will appear, which is identical to the Add Materials window shown above.
- Follow the same steps outlined above to located and embed your desired content.
The content will appear as a yellow box within the editor until you click the Create button.
Your new course material will now appear under the main materials list. Clicking on the title will load the resource and any embedded media from CVOD directly on the page.