Customers using the Brightspace / Desire2Learn (D2L) learning management system can embed content from On Demand directly in their courses. Below, you will find instructions for installing and configuring the On Demand Insert Stuff Framework plugin (ISF). For more information, please refer to the On Demand Desire2Learn Insert Stuff Framework Plugin Overview article.
The remote plugin provides a rich integration between On Demand and your D2L courses. Users of D2L will able to embed On Demand resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard D2L ISF button found wherever the HTML editor is within D2L.
Prerequisites for Installing the On Demand ISF Plugin:
- You must have your own instance of Desire2Learn running.
- You must have an active On Demand subscription.
- Your LTI Access Key and Secret - can be obtained from support if it was not provided in the welcome email when your account was first established.
- Remove all previously installed versions of the On Demand Remote Plugin AND On Demand External Learning Tool. If these are not all removed, the new application will not allow you to install it.
Remote Plugin Installation:
- Login to your D2L instance as an administrator with access to install and configure remote plugins.
- Click on the Admin Tools menu and select Remote Plugins.
- Click on the "New Remote Plugin" button to create a new plugin.
- You should now be presented with the Plugin Settings page:
- Plugin Type - Change the Plugin Type to ISF
- Launch Point - Enter: "https://lti.films.com/LtiSearch.aspx" as the Launch Point URL.
- Secret - Enter the secret you obtained from support.
- Key - Enter the access key you obtained from support.
- Name - Enter "Films On Demand" or anything else you would like to use to help identify this plugin.
- Description - Enter your own text description of this tool, or copy this provided description, "Search available On Demand videos. A new icon will show up in your course rich editor letting you search On Demand and click to embed videos in your course material."
- Small Icon - Enter: "https://fod.infobase.com/images/LTI_logo.png" as the small icon to use.
- System Test - Skip this field.
- Heights - Leave as the default value.
- Make remote plugin available to - Before this plugin will show up on the ISF menu, you need to add applicable Org Units. By default, you should see, "Current Org Unit: <your school>" listed here. Before this will show up, you need to add a second entry that is almost identical, but includes options for all descendants. Find your main Org unit, check the box to activate it, and then select the "All descendants" radio button. Click Insert to add this second Org Unit.
- Click on the Save button to save your remote plugin.