The new My Saved Searches section allows anyone with a user account to save their search results. Basic searches using the top search bar, and compound searches created from within advanced search are all supported. Like other My sections, searches can be organized into folders. Saving a search also allows you to add notes about that search that will appear at the top of the search page, when accessed from within My Saved Searches. Options exist to add new searches directly to folders, or create a new folder at the time you save a new search. The My Saved Search section contains a New Folder button inside of it that allows you to create folders as you need them. As you visit other sections within My Learn360, the same folders will be accessible. Options to move content into one of these folders and view all content in a particular folder exists as well.
What Can be Saved:
Any search performed from the main site search box or from within Advanced search can be saved and retrieved later. Currently, none of the Narrow Results filters found on the right-hand side of the search results page are supported. if you perform a search, and use any of these options, and then attempt to save this search, none of those selected filters will be preserved. All of the search filters are available as selectable options within Advanced Search.
Using My Saved Searches:
To save searches, you must be logged in with a user account, or create a new user account. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to login or create an account in place of the pop up window shown to the right.
To save a search, click on the Save Search icon at the top of any search results page shown to the right. This will open the Save Search pop up window.
Enter a title for your saved search. This is a required field.
Enter notes for your saved search. This is an optional field.
Every user account starts out with an Unassigned folder by default. This folder cannot be edited or deleted, unlike other folders you may create. Searches can be saved to the unassigned folder at any time and moved into a new folder at any time.
If you have created additional folders inside any other My Section, or previously when saving searcjes, you can select additional folders from the Add Sear to Folder drop-down. New folders can be created on-the-fly by entering text in the second box and clicking the New Folder button. This will save the search into the new folder automatically.
The My Saved Searches section contains the following features and functionality:
- New Folder button - Use this button to create new folders that will be accessible in any section.
- Organize button - Only shows up if you have searches to organize. Use this button in conjunction with the check boxes to the left of every item to move searches from one folder to another.
- Delete button - Use this button to delete searches. The delete button only works in conjunction with the check boxes to the left of the thumbnail.
- Grid / List view - Use these buttons to toggle between grid and list views. The default view is grid, but you can click on the list icon to switch to a list/table formatted view.
- Check box - Use these to delete searches. Multiple searches can be selected and deleted at one time. You will be prompted to confirm this action before anything is deleted.
- Search Name - Use this link to view the saved search. The description you entered is displayed below the name on this page and at the top of the actual search results page.
- Share - Clicking on Share will open a new section below the search with the direct URL back to the search results page. This is an authenticated link that will require someone to login before they can view the content. It is possible that other people may not have the same content in their accounts and therefore will not be able to view everything shared.
- Delete - Clicking on Delete will allow you to delete a search. You will be prompted to confirm that you really want to perform this action.
- Folders - Once searches have been organized into folders, the folder name will be displayed next to each item.
- Narrow Results - Folder level filters that allow for easy filtering of searches stored in any of your folders. Clicking on a folder item will display only the saved searches in that folder.