Customers using the Brightspace / Desire2Learn (D2L) learning management system can embed content from On Demand directly in their courses. For installation instructions, please refer to the On Demand Desire2Learn Insert Stuff Plugin Installation article.
The remote plugin provides a rich integration between On Demand and your D2L courses. Users of D2L will now be able to embed On Demand resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This new plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard D2L ISF button found wherever the HTML editor is within D2L.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within On Demand or D2L.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed On Demand content, directly into D2L courses, without leaving D2L.
- Usage statistics are recorded within On Demand.
Using the On Demand Insert Stuff Framework Plugin
Once installed, On Demand resources may be embedded using the standard ISF button found inside D2L. Any content block that loads the HTML editor will have this insert stuff button.
Click on the below button to launch the Insert Stuff window:
Once you click on this button, you will see the below Insert Stuff window. Click on the Learn360 menu option on the left-hand side. You should see the On Demand search box as shown below.
Enter a keyword or phrase in the box and click Search. Your search results will resemble the below image.
The search results page offers several functions explained below:
- Sorting and Filtering Options:
- View By: Titles & Segments, Titles only, or Segments only.
- Sort By: Relevancy, Newest to Oldest, Most Viewed.
- Filter By Subject.
- Content Type: Video, and Custom Content.
- Pagination - Use the pagination controls to skip to other pages of results.
- Run Time - View the run time of all media assets.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the video before deciding to embed it. Clicking on this link opens a new window on top of the existing window.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert the selected media title into D2L.
Once you have chosen a media file to embed, click on the Embed button.
You will be taken to a preview page as shown below. Click the Insert button to embed this resource into D2L.
Once you have finished editing your content block in D2L, click on the Update button to save your changes with the embedded video included. Your content is now embedded and can be played directly from D2L.